HIV Prevention Coordinator
Utah AIDS Foundation
Title: HIV Prevention Coordinator
Job Summary: Administer all aspects of the Utah AIDS Foundation's HIV prevention programming and HIV/STI testing program targeted to reach those at highest risk for HIV infection.
1. In partnership with the other HIV Prevention Coordinator, administer outreach program to ensure the sensitive disbursement of accurate information to those at greatest risk of HIV infection.
a. Prepare calendar of outreach activities and opportunities.
b. Prepare calendar of volunteer outreach shifts.
c. Maintain list of active outreach volunteers.
d. Provide training to outreach volunteers to ensure volunteers have accurate information and make active contacts.
e. Periodically attend outreach activities to observe volunteers and maintain contact with members of the community.
2. Research, develop, implement, and evaluate accepted HIV prevention behavior change models.
a. Monitor all activities to ensure they target behavior change outcomes. Also, to ensure that effective, culturally-competent messages are the foundation of all activities.
b. Evaluate program, activities, and marketing strategies to ensure we are targeting those at highest risk for infection.
c. Utilize data from evaluations and needs assessments as well as other data sources to improve program function, targeting, and messaging to reach and change behavior in the target population(s).
3. In partnership with other HIV Prevention Coordinator, administer all aspects of HIV/STI testing and counseling programs.
a. Maintain volunteer staff to conduct all aspects of HIV/STI testing.
b. Train volunteers to perform all tasks required for HIV/STI testing, including providing HIV Prevention Counseling, Couples HIV Prevention Counseling and Delivering HIV Positive Results.
c. Identify and implement outreach HIV testing events to reach those at highest-risk for HIV infection.
d. Conduct all activities required to provide Partner Counseling and Referral Services (PCRS) for those who test positive for HIV and STI.
e. Coordinate with County Health Officials to report disease information as per local regulations and ensure PCRS activities are completed.
4. Maintain accurate computer reports of all program activities
a. Compile demographic data for analysis.
b. Maintain data to substantiate outreach and other services delivered.
c. Design survey instruments to collect data.
d. Submit required quarterly reports.
5. Build positive relationships with community partners and leaders and attend meetings of related agencies/groups to include gay/bisexual community and substance using providers.
6. Administer community needs assessment for HIV related services
a. Create, test and implement needs assessment tools (surveys, focus groups, etc) periodically to gain community input.
b. Analyze results of surveys and focus group data.
7. In collaboration with the Volunteer Program train, manage and retain volunteers for program activities.
a. In cooperation with the Volunteer Program, create position descriptions necessary for outreach and other program volunteers for effective program function.
b. Train volunteers in appropriate roles and program function.
c. Notify Volunteer Program of any change in a volunteer=s status.
d. Schedule and manage volunteers in outreach programs.
e. Track all volunteer hours and submit to Volunteer Program at least monthly.
8. Attend meetings as requested by the Programming Director such as staff meetings, departmental meetings, supervision, and other meetings as appropriate.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Accountable to: Programming Director
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in health promotion/education, communication, social work, or related field.
2. Public speaking, public relations, oral and written communications, volunteer supervision and staff teamwork experience.
4. Familiarity of word processing, data entry and computerized communication required.
5. Ability to relate positively and sensitively to persons diverse in lifestyle, age, ethnicity, beliefs, socio-economic level, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Email or fax cover letter & resume to:
(801) 487-2323 – Phone Number
(801) 486-3978 - Fax