UAF Test Site
Confidential, Sex Positive HIV/STI testing and counseling.
The Utah AIDS Foundation Test Site
1408 South 1100 East in Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursdays 5-7 PM (walk-in) except holidays
For more information call (801) 487-2323
HIV Antibody Testing
Utah AIDS Foundation offers a rapid 4th generation HIV test using the Alere Determine™ HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo and the OraQuick HCV® Antibody Rapid HCV test. Determine requires a finger-stick whole blood sample and results are ready during your same visit. OraQuick HCV® is a finger-stick and the results are also ready during the same visit. All results for HIV must be given in person to protect your confidentiality.
Alere Determine Antigen/Antibody Combo Test - 4 week period
Oraquick HCV Antibody - 3 - 6 month period
*Rapid HIV testing is FREE for those who have engaged in risk in the last 12 months*
Other Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing Offered
- Genital Chlamydia/Gonorrhea (FREE)- Urine
- Oropharyngeal Chlamydia/Gonorrhea ($25) - Self -Collected Throat Swab
- Rectal Chlamydia/Gonorrhea ($25) - Self-Collected Rectal Swab
- Syphilis ($15) - Blood Draw
- Hepatitis C ($20)
Results for these tests are available 7-14 days and can be given over the phone or in person.
ALL personal information you give us, as well as your test results, will remain completely confidential!
Should you get an HIV test?
If you check one or more of the below risk factors, you should be tested for HIV:
- I have had unprotected anal or vaginal sex with someone who has had other partners.
- I have shared needles to inject drugs or had sex with someone who has shared needles.
- I have shared needles for other reasons or had sex with someone who has.
With support from